Monday, October 01, 2007

Cupboard Love.


I recently found this rather plain looking little cupboard, which I felt was ripe for a make-over.

I gave it a couple of coats of cream eggshell paint.

When it was completely dry, I distressed the edges, rubbing the paint away with some wire wool.

I cut a small section from the antique French wallpaper that I bought at the Bath fair a couple of weeks ago to fit the door panel. PVA glue was used to secure it in place.

I also used a piece of the wallpaper on the inside of the door, turning the pattern on its side for a slightly different look.

I just needed to change the small brass knob for a more attractive glass one and the make-over was complete.

I had planned on adding this to my website, but I feel it would make a lovely little bedside cupboard in my eldest daughter's bedroom.......

Hope she approves!

1 comment:

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx