Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Weekend Activities.

In the UK we have a bank holiday either side of the Easter weekend (Good Friday and Easter Monday), so ideally, it should be a relaxing holiday from work. Unfortunately, my hubby was away for a week in Seattle, USA, until Sunday afternoon. My eldest daughter is visiting the friends that she made in Montana last year and won't be home again until tomorrow. So, although it wasn't the weekend off that I would have chosen, I still managed some time-out......
The Shepton Mallet Antique Fair had been organised, (possibly unwisely,) for the Easter weekend. I visited on the Saturday, with a friend.

Some of my purchases included these C1950's boudoir slippers - funnily enough I barely have one decent pair of shoes that I wear myself, but I have a small collection of vintage shoes that I shall never be able to wear, due to their tiny sizes! Very sad!

Blackpool holds some special memories for me, so the little hand painted silk pincushion HAD to come home with me.

I adore this photos of the stunning flapper girls in their matching dresses. (I would love to know what colour the gorgeous silky fabric was.) The seated girl, second from the left, looks very mischievous and seems to be causing a few glances from her companions!
I'm sure that they would have had some ostrich plumes in their wardrobes - these came from Sue, who had a stand at the fair. I'm going to arrange them in a large china jug on my dressing table.

**************************************************
Hail stones fell on Easter Sunday, as I waited for hubby to come home......
*************************
And on Monday we decided to visit the Mells Daffodil Fair for a couple of hours. It is a traditional English country fair, with stalls, side shows, a hog roast and entertainment such as Morris Dancers and Town Crier Competitions.
To escape the crowds and eccentrics in silly hats(!), you can wander through the beautiful spring gardens of the Manor House.


Which rounded off the Easter weekend very nicely.
*************************
I have decided to set up my own Flickr account, so that I can load extra photos relating to my blog posts for anyone interested in seeing more. (They load quicker than on to Blogger, so I am hoping to save myself a few extra moments, which I shall use to comment on other blogs - something that I struggle to do, sometimes.)
The mosaic below is made up of just some of the wonderful photos that I have discovered on Flickr since I joined, taken by some very talented ladies!

1. Blossom, 2. Ceramic Powder Box, 3. Pretty Pastels Cottage Charm, 4. Bella Collage, 5. Inspiration books, 6. DSC_16210001, 7. Vintage Baubles, 8. IMG_0876, 9. IMG_1488, 10. blue roses, 11. French wire form, 12. Pretty Lady, 13. Foil Eggs and a Basket, 14. Vintage dress, 15. Antique store, 16. Vintage dress, 17. brownvelvet_4Chocolate velvet & vintage rhinestone bracelet, 18. round robin "beauty" 3, 19. M.A. round robin "Violette" 1, 20. recital dress, 21. pretty millinery purses, 22. IMG_1748, 23. IMG_1435, 24. IMG_1849, 25. vintage french ribbonwork, 26. DSCN2031, 27. flowers, 28. sweet little nest 018, 29. feb 184, 30. mannequin., 31. im at home., 32. recycling., 33. bath room., 34. playing house., 35. the lover's meet -, 36. fairys shoe's.
I hope that you all had a wonderful Easter weekend too.
Niki x

17 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:38 pm

    Hi Niki!

    We also had hail stones and 2cm. of snow on Easter Sunday! Quite strange to see daffodils and tulips blooming under that white blanket!

    Beautiful finds at the fair!... And what about that silly hat?!?

    Monica.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:50 pm

    Hello Niki!
    I have only recently been getting stuck into flickr myself but be warned, it can become addictive. You'll see such wonderful work out there.
    Your easter sounds wonderful and I can't wait to one day visit Shepton Mallet.

    Cherry xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you had a nice weekend Niki. WHat a funny funny hat that man is wearing in the photo! love it!!

    Lots of pretties from your jaunt... I love the shoes. I barely have a decent pair myself!

    xox Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh I forgot to say that flapper photo is so cute!!! love how the one girl is doing something mischeivous. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such gorgeous photos, Niki! Can't wait to see yours...Katie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well Niki... your hubby was here, your daughter was here... when are YOU coming here?! =) I'll greet you with a cuppa tea, then some Cape Cod fish-n-chips (but you may fall in love with a lobster roll or some fried clams)! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Niki, Again! you find us wonderful inspiting trasures to druel over! Take a look at my blog ~ a little something for you!
    XXVickyXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing such wonderful photos. I had a great time browsing, but now have to rush to fit in all the things I should have done. Next time I better get the chores done first.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh how divine are your shoe's -im glad your got a flickr world as i just love looking at all your yummy things-im about to make a pot of tea -would you like to share-singing and sancing love jo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a lot of loveliness to look at, lovely stuff
    Twiggy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous photos Niki. I love the look of that flapper girl she looks like a laugh!!!
    Kim xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Niki, sounds like a lovely Easter weekend you had, mine was sadly lacking in treasure-hunting, the one and only local car boot on Monday morning was cancelled. I'm taking my time in painting the sideboard, I don't really like big painting jobs like that, I'm too impatient. Maybe I'll come down one day and it will have transformed itself in the night...dream on! Love all the treasures you got, I'm hoping to go the next Shepton Flea in May, maybe we'll get to meet there.
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Niki, i just found you via Miss Heather and OHMYGOSH!!! your blog is just stunning:) so much pretties and eye candy that i am in awe! i love your banner, those sweet little dollies have stolen my heart:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous3:43 pm

    Great finds Niki! Glad you liked the magazine : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this montage of photos Niki.. it is rather like a photographic patchwork quilt.. full of lovely colour and detail.
    I seem to be getting way behind with my blog visits these days but it is always such a pleasure to catch up with your lovely posts..

    With love
    Michelex

    ReplyDelete
  16. A girl can get lost for a days looking at your amazing blog. So much to see, very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like you had a fun time.
    I love your finds. Why are vintage shoes always so small?
    Thanks for sharing,
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx