Sunday, November 29, 2009

A Little Bit of This and That...


My in-laws have left for home this morning, hopefully not taking with them the fluey/cold virus that struck me down the day that they arrived! Thankfully I managed to make it through the worst with the help of several doses of these...
and am feeling a lot more like my usual self this afternoon...

I made a quick trip into Bath, to a vintage fashion fair this morning. I wasn't really feeling 100% and so did a quick flit round, finding these treasures on the way, and then it was back home, out of the torrential rain, and to try to catch up with everything that's been neglected over the last few days.

French treasures: Original c1910 fabric panel, a set of 3 pleated silk lampshades and a delicious rose printed fabric covered box.

Thought I'd just show you a couple of other bits and bobs too, whilst I'm here...
Another Edwardian photo collage that I completed, using some pretty antique lace and trims...

*

And talking of antique lace, Louise and I arranged a private swap between ourselves; Lovely lace in exchange for some vintage fabric scraps.
At the top is the beautiful lace that Louise sent to me, along with some other surprise treasures...

Also included were some feedsack patchwork pieces and the retro trims below. Thanks again Louise...and 'happy crafting' with your vintage fabric scraps...when they make it to you across the pond! ;-))
Another parcel also arrived for me this week...this one from Monica, which was a complete surprise. Inside was this wonderful handmade wooden gingerbread man for our festive tree this year. Thanks again Monica...he'll be very much at home with our homespun decorations here at The Stone House! x

That's all for now...hope you've had a lovely weekend and have a good week too! I'm hoping for some good news re: my shop-to-be, by the end of this week...fingers crossed...and I'm also hoping to find the time for a bit of Christmas crafting.
Niki x
Rag doll available at www.nostalgia-stonehouse.co.uk

8 comments:

  1. Oh, sorry to hear you've been under the weather - especially with guests staying. But it seems like it's been a great week for goodies. The things you picked up at the fair and the swaps. Exciting. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh.... my... gosh.... My heart just about sank when I saw your vintage finds!!! I can't even pick which one is my favorite... The box, the shades, the fabric... Absolutely dreamy!!! I hope you are feeling better!
    Isabel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Niki, hope you feel better now! And good luck for the shop! Fingers crossed.
    Louise's lace is stunning, I purchased some exquisite pieces from her too, and I'm enjoying very much working with it! It is intricate and delicate, no comparison at all with modern one!
    Monicaxx.
    P.S Thanks for the mention too, I'm sure Gingerman will be happy at the Stone House ;))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are feeling much better now, Niki!

    What fabulous treasures you found in Bath. Those sweet silk lampshades are darling. I can just imagine them on a fancy French chandelier. I'm pleased you are happy with your laces and little goodies. Monica's gingerbread decoration is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you're feeling better Niki, sorry to hear that you've had the lurgy. It's been great catching up on all of your news, good luck with the shop, I'm sure it's going to be (in fact I KNOW it's going to be) a huge success! Take care
    Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are feeling better soon Niki,you always manage to find such lovelies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Niki

    So sorry to hear that you have been feeling under the weather. Just as your in-laws were there too!
    I absolutely LOVE your finds from the fair in Bath. So beautiful all of it!
    Hope all is coming along nicely for you in Shepton Mallet.
    Take care
    Isabelle x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely to see you on Sunday...how did I miss that box? Hope everythings going well with the shop, I'm waiting with baited breathe and hubby has his hands firmly on the cards but we both know who would win in a fight!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx