Saturday, April 10, 2010

Ready for the Off...


I changed the display in my shop's front window at the beginning of the week - Easter was all over for another year, so the daffodils got moved further into the shop to add a splash of colour (as if more were needed! ;-)) on the old painted dresser.

*

All the moving around also prompted me to change one of the side windows too. I wanted to tie in with the country cottage theme at the front of the shop and also Maggie's gorgeous creations in the other side window. So I created a cottage garden arrangement complete with old Victorian hand thrown pots.

Five minutes later a lovely lady came in and bought the framed embroidery! (I quickly replaced it with a lovely cottage print instead) - I say quickly, because what I really needed to concentrate on today was preparing for the 'Vintage Textile and Costume Day @ Dairy House' tomorrow!

Firstly, I made a few more hand bags from some lovely antique French fabrics and trims...(talk about allabitlastminute.com teehee
;-))


And then after closing I selected all the treasures that I could find to fit with the textile/costume theme.

It was then a case of loading up the car ready for the early start in the morning.

I'm really looking forward to it - I know Sue and Lizzie have put in a lot of effort to make sure it is a successful fair - if you can make it there too, then that would be perfect!
Happy Sunday to you!
Niki x

4 comments:

  1. Everything your taking looks lovely, and your bags are fabulous! :) I wish I was paying the fair a visit!
    Hope you all have a great day anyway -and hopefully the sun will shine to bring out lots of people!
    Enjoy yourself :0)
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many lovely things!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh that gorgeous buttery yellow hat!
    I hope you have a great day today and sell lots too, then you will be able to go hunting for more! Sounds like one long life of pleasure to me :-)

    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always a lovely colourful post..Have a great day at the fair.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx