Thursday, September 09, 2010

Dans Le Cuisine!


Always on the lookout to add a little French charm to our home...I couldn't resist this handmade bunting banner that I found for sale on etsy.

It was made by the prolifically creative Lilla, who lives in Hawaii.

She has carefully hand embroidered a letter onto each unique flag...
Give me a 'P'...

Give me an 'A'...

Give me an 'R'...

Give me an 'I'...

Give me an 'S'

Paris!
Parfait!

In other areas of our home though, I have been toning down the decoration for a more calming, relaxed feel...Just for now...

I've added some lace panels behind the glazed cabinet doors of the dresser. They are on tension wires, so will be easy to take away again when the mood takes me...For now I am enjoying the softer look.
Niki x
Photograph courtesy of Sally Page.
PS: I'd just like to add my congratulations to Sally Page on the launch of her latest book 'Flower Shop Messages - I Love you More Than New Shoes'. I'm sure it will be another hugely successful addition to her delightful collection of Flower Shop books. Sally's daughter Libby attended the launch party wearing a 1950's dress that she recently bought from me :)

7 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous banner, Niki! I had been admiring that in Lilla's shop late in the summer and noticed it was sold... it looks PERFECT in your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looooove the curtains in your cabinet! What a great way to change it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nikki Looks terrific in the window if I say so myself.
    Love the view, thanks for showing me how it looks
    aloha Lilla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the curtains in your cabinet and the Paris bunting.
    Thank you for the link to Lilla's blog, another very talented lady.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous banner! Kit

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Niki I love that banner...what a lot of work went into creating it and I especially love your red/pink dishes on your dresser! You've made some very pretty changes with the lace too...your place looks amazing. Thank you for showing is around your home. Enjoy your weekend. Maura :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8:42 am

    beautiful photos Niki your home looks so pretty and the banner is really nice its amazing what you find on etsy there are such talented people with so many wonderful ideas

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx