Friday, October 22, 2010

Bring Out The Baubles?!

I've decided its about time that I started to make my shop feel just a little bit festive...
There is slight reluctance on my part, as I know myself when I step into a shop, that I don't want to be overwhelmed by glitter and ho, ho, ho music too soon in the season...

I think lots of children have broken up from school today for the half term break, and as soon as they go back again in a weeks time, the build up will begin...
So hopefully the end of October isn't too early for me to at least show a few of my Christmassy ideas?...I know we still have Halloween to come yet, but that never seems to be the big deal here, that it is in the States...and Guy Fawkes Night isn't a celebration full of cards and presents...

So my nod to the yuletide festivities begins as from tomorrow, when I shall move in some branches from our garden and just a few sparkles...

I've been tying vintage glass baubles with French velvet ribbons today and I have plans for some crystal chandelier drops too...
Back at home on Sunday, I think I should put aside some time to bake the family's Christmas cake...
Have a great weekend, whatever your plans,
Niki x

7 comments:

  1. Hi Niki
    I've been sorting out the chandelier drops today..... Thank you for your comments, and I have tried to fix that problem but I don't think that it has worked, I will have another go at the weekend.
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  2. A couple years back I would already be decorating the shop for Christmas open house... You are almost forced into it because of competition.... I haven't lost that desire to get it done even though I am retired now I still decorate my home very early as I will try to be totally done by the second week in November... I work at it slowly.... I have a couple things in place as of this week already as I have posted....

    ReplyDelete
  3. A plum pudding, Niki? Perhaps I'll try one myself this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I call the end of October "a nod towards Christmas".
    Being raised in a SERIOUSLY retail-orientated environment, the rule was that no-one ever started to think properly about it until November 5th was out of the way, as then there were no more "landmarks" twixt then and Dec 25th.
    Can't wait- I just LOVE Christmas!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am thrilled to see your Christmas goodies and I can't wait to see more.

    Thanks for the reminder to get my Christmas cake ready too!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish you a good day on Saturday in Frome:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Niki,

    just a quick note to say thank you for your kind welcome in your so lovely shop. It was a great pleasure for me and my friend from Hamburg to discover all the treasures you have on offer! Everything meets our taste and we are now really happy to have all those lovely items and gifts brought home safely. Have sent you an e-mail in case you don't read this. Gros bisous, Bayou

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx