Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I Need a Little Time...


As mentioned on my previous post...A few old lilac branches from our garden made it into my shop over the weekend. I propped them inside a large pot with some heavy stones, decorated the outside of the pot with some antique French fabric and a bow, and then hung my handmade decorations from the branches...

Well, its a start...
I have been a little worn out recently from the extra work involved in getting ready for the fairs that I shall be attending over the next couple of weeks. I've been busy sewing at every opportunity and have lots of new items ready to come with me to the first fair on the list at Frome.

If I have time later this week, I shall show some of the angel dolls that I have created, (can't quite believe there are 10 of them!) as well as some of the smaller stocking filler items. (I'm sorry to those I owe emails to, but with the half term hols as well at the moment, I haven't had much spare time for being sociable) :(
I would just like to thank Anke (who I mentioned had visited from Belgium) for the post she added to her blog here....she is now home safely and has been reminiscing about her trip to the SW.

Niki x

PS: Yes, youngest daughter and I did make time to bake our Christmas cake at the weekend!
;-)) We used the recipe we use every year, which I have shared on my blog before.

9 comments:

  1. I'm off to check your lovely recipe - I'd forgotten you'd shared it before. Thank you, Niki! ;)

    Everything in your shop is looking lovely! We're in the midst of receiving all of our British holiday foods at our shop for Christmas... makes me wish I was in England! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Niki,
    I comment here instead of sending you an email ;))
    I'm afraid we had to fly back home all of a sudden, before we could visit Shepton Mallet... Your gifts had to come back with me :(((... much to my regret!
    Hope we'll make it to Nostalgia No.1 next time, and we'll find a home soon. Fingers crossed.
    Monicaxo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been a very busy bee and i hope (and am sure) that all your hard work will pay off. Your decorations look stunning. Good Luck with the fairs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the recipe! I am heading over to your post to check it out.

    Love the decorations too!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Niki.
    Wonderful!
    I want to be there!
    Saturday will be a success for you! I will be in Frome with his heart and mind ... ;o))
    A dear greeting, Maria.
    (With translator)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Niki, looks like great minds think alike with the crystals....
    I must admit that I cook most things & every year I give my Mum a Christmas cake (she can eat a whole one), but I generally read the reviews in Good Housekeeping and then buy the reccommended one!
    Well done to your daughter.
    T X

    ReplyDelete
  8. hiya- hopefully see/meet you on Saturday!

    Don't forget to take a little time for the deep breaths :)

    The shop looks lovely, as does THE CAKE!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Scrumptious looking cake.
    I pointed a friend in the direction of your wonderful blog and shop and was rewarded with one of your beautiful lavendar sachets. I love it.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx