Thursday, October 21, 2010

Turn Back Time...

Its official! The BBC 1 series Turn Back Time: The High Street, filmed at Shepton Mallet during the summer, will start on Tuesday 2nd November at 9pm.

Its also official that I really miss all the activity of those few short months on the Market Place! It was lovely to see the town alive with people and the tantalising glimpse it gave of one that could regenerate and be supported by it's local community. Its a shame that we can't really turn back time...But to at least have a feel for what it would be like if we could, it will be fun to tune into the series to see the first episode, which will give a taster of what life would have been like back in 1870.

And to celebrate the premier night, there will be a Victorian evening in the town, starting at 3pm. Here are the full details below. (I believe that the local pubs will be showing the programme on their big screens.)

My shop, along with many others in the town, will be open late, and there will be lots of entertainment to enjoy.
Niki x

7 comments:

  1. OOoh will definately look out for that on bbc xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how very exciting to be involved. I love to get the behind the scenes look at all the workings of TV and movie productions. Bet this will be a good one. Have fun!
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really looking forward to this series knowing that your shop is in Shepton Mallett.How exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely a note in the diary not to miss this one - I will be especially interested as we used to live in Oakhill and we often visited Shepton Mallet, have a lovely day on the 2nd,
    Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have been watching the adverts for this so have now jotted down the date and time. I hope you all have a fabulous afternoon and evening, it sounds like its going to be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great show! I wonder if I will be able to get it here in the US. I will look for it! Kit

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so excited about this program, looks right up my street!
    hope you are well Niki?
    how exciting that you go to see it all unfolding!x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx