Monday, March 26, 2012

One Girl's Trash is Another Girl's Treasure...

I just wanted to say a quick thank you to Jayne and Michele for organising another great V&H event - On Saturday it was the Vintage Jumble Sale at Rangeworthy.

It was a fantastic opportunity to clear some stuff, with so many eager visitors pouring in through the doors of the village hall, all looking for bargains. And bargains there were...As well as doing plenty of selling, I think all the stallholders went round buying too! Maybe our cars didn't go home quite as empty as we would have liked, but you know what they say about one man's trash...?! :)
Here's what I came home with...
Four French boxes from Jo...and also the beautiful handmade lavender filled cushion...
Which I bought with a special little person in mind...
(Who, incidentally, finds it funny to climb the stairs when she thinks Granny isn't watching!)
I also bought a pair of Dresden pedestal cake plates and a pretty chintz plate...

*
The quilt in the back ground is a 'cutter' and also came from Jo.
Yet more treasures came from Ali...Can you believe what you can come with from a jumble sale?!!
An embroidered clutch bag and two antique purses were must-buys for me...and three gorgeous hat pins too!
A little box of handmade doll's house-sized textile's came from Lizzie.
*
Although the fantastic warm spring weather has been tempting me into my garden an awful lot recently...
I went out buying yesterday morning too!
So glad I did, as I was thrilled to find another vintage doll's cot. I'll make some bed linens to fit it and will probably bring it to the Vintage Bazaar in April, as it is just the right size to display my handmade rag dolls inside.

In contrast, I bought a bit of vintage bling...
A wonderful velvet fan, some boxes to decorate, and an antique papier-mache powder box...
*
Finally, I also came home with a vintage corset and lots of antique baby clothes and lace.
*

*
*

Have a great week!
Niki x

4 comments:

  1. What a doll :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buying and selling...buying and selling...reminds me of that joke about 2 dealers marooned on a desert island with one set of antique chairs...and they both made a good living!

    Hope you're having a lovely week
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is adorable and so many finds - wow! You're making me hungry too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous finds as usual Niki, but I can't believe that little pickle of a granddaughter is big enough to climb stairs already?!!! How did that happen. What fun ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx