Thursday, August 02, 2012

August in the Shop...

I've bought lots of new items for the shop this week...
A pretty Forget-me-not dressing table set.

Remember 'Shippam's' meat paste?!
Great little bud vases!

I was thrilled to find two sets of drawers (condition sadly a little shabby), full of vintage wooden 'Sylko' threads...



I love the fact that each colour has a name, rather than just a number...
Erin Green
Dark Lovebird
Eau-de-nil
Marina Green
Lagoon Blue.

The second set of drawers was filled with a variety of sizes of spools, in useful black and white.



Two boxes of paper flower posies.

Three stoneware hot water bottles.
Miniature toy flat irons, books, bottles and a wacky pair of c1950's door knobs.

Lovely lace, textiles and trims.
This little appliqué is destined to become a bag. 
A framed c1930's advertisement.
A large collection of enamel Butlin's badges from the 1950's and 60's.


All have found their way to the shop today, where I worked on a thorough makeover of the displays... 
I put the threads in clear glass Kilner jars...where they look almost good enough to eat! 

The rest was tweaked and faffed!...


 =





















Thanks for stopping by,
Niki x

7 comments:

  1. Niki, your shoppe lost absolutely lovely! I bemoan the fact I live so far and not everything is available online, sigh... Hubby thinks of course there is a reason for everything (Boo on him).
    Thank you for sharing though...I love to discover yet again a new corner of your part of the world!
    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:20 am

    Hi Niki,what fabulous finds.I remember Shippams paste in glass jars!My nan always bought it. Are they for sale through your blog at all? I love all the cottons ,they do look good enough to eat :)
    Hope you have a lovely weekend,love juliex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right thats it I still haven't managed to get to but I am!
    I remember all those delightful names on the cotton reels, and Shippham's paste, and guess what mum used to save me the jars for me to put daisies and buttercups in when I was little
    Julie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Niki, I think I may have to come and live in your shop. It looks like my idea of heaven. It must be so difficult to part with any of the lovely treasures you have on display! Everything looks so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:10 pm

    So many lovely treasures. I love all the cotton and the little flat irons. I think they would make lovely bookends for Observer Books and the like.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:45 pm

    oh my gosh I could look at this all day, I can see my afternoon will be spent browsing through your posts, just beautiful, how I wish we had something like this in our small town, wow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the silko in the jars!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx